|Dr. Paula Dehn, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of the College
|Dr. Paula Dehn, Vice President for Academic Affairs |
Dean of the College
Professor of Biology
Administration Building #105 A
Ph.D., Biology, University of South Florida
M.A., Zoology, DePauw University
B.A., Zoology, DePauw University
* Environmental toxicology - Biochemical toxicology
* Physiological ecology
* Physiology (invertebrate physiology; comparative and animal physiology)
* General biology/zoology
* Marine biology & ecology/Oceanography
* Law, Ethics and Life Sciences
Environmental toxicology/physiological ecology of marine & freshwater systems;
Current Research involves:
a) development of human in vitro models for screening &/or monitoring purposes;
b) development of in situ biomonitors; and
c) development of biochemically relevant biomakers
* Dehn, P.F. 2009. Community health-based internships as an entry into research. In. M.K. Boyd & J.L. Wesemann (eds)., Broadening Participation in Undergraduate Research: Fostering Excellence and Enhancing the Impact. Council on Undergraduate Research. Pp. 334-336.
* Shea*, J., T. Moran, & P. F. Dehn, 2008. A bioassay for metals utilizing a human cell line. Toxicology In Vitro 22:1025-1031
* Dehn, P.F. & D.R. Breed*, 2005. Exercise Physiology: Muscle metabolism before, immediately following, and during recovery from activity. Laboratory Manual for Physiology, D. Silverthorn, B. Johnston, A. Mills, (eds), Pearson Education, Inc. pp. 147-162.
* “How Should (Do) We Promote Transformative Research at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions?” Council on Undergraduate Research Transformative Research Summit, June 2009, Snowbird, Utah.
* Balon*, J., Griffith*, M, Omar*, L., & P.F. Dehn. The effects of pharmaceutically active compounds on the freshwater oligochaete, Lumbriculus variegates. Aquatic Toxicity Workshop, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Oct. 2008.
* Hayes*, S., Cotto*, S, & P.F. Dehn. Effects of fluoxetine, ibuprofen, and CTAB on the photosynthetic activity of Lemna minor. Aquatic Toxicity Workshop, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Oct. 2008.
* “Science and Society: The Role Of Undergraduate Research In Identifying And Targeting Real World Environmental Issues That Impact Human Health”. Randolph-Macon Women’s College, Lynchburg, VA. (Feb) 2007.
* 2008: Council on Undergraduate Research Fellow
* 2006: Kenneth L. Koessler Distinguished Faculty Award
* 2005: Nominee, Council on Undergraduate Research Fellow Award
* American Association for the Advancement of Sciences Council on Undergraduate Research, Institutional Liaison (1990-present), National Biology Councilor (2002-present, Chair Biology Division 2005- 2007), co-organizer and facilitator Proposal Writing Workshop (2000-present)
* Society for In Vitro Biology, formerly TCA (Tissue Culture Association)
* Society of Toxicology, Lake Ontario Regional Chapter Councilor (2000-2008t)
* Developed and Initiated Freshman Advising Program
* Reorganized Freshman Orientation Program
* Initiated Kentucky Wesleyan Fellows Program (Undergraduate Research)
* Revised faculty promotion & tenure documents
* Instituted a revolving reassigned time program for faculty
* Coordinating the development of a Theater Arts program between KWC, Brescia University, Owensboro Community & Technical College and Owensboro ‘s RiverPark Center
Contact Information for Dr. Dehn
Email : email@example.com
Phone : (270)852-3117
Address: Administration Building 105A
Kentucky Wesleyan College
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, Kentucky 42301