Dr. Mason Horrell, Associate Professor of History
Faculty Office Building #2
Ph.D., University of Kentucky
M.A., University of Kentucky
B.A., Transylvania University
HIST 1311 Survey of American History I
HIST 1312 Survey of American History II
HIST 2300 Historical Methods
HIST 3311 History of the South
HIST 3331 Colonial Period of the United States
HIST 3333 American Civil War and Reconstruction
HIST 3355 History of Kentucky
HIST 3375 African-American History
HIST 3390 Topics: The Korean War
HIST 4301 The United States, 1900-1945
HIST 4302 The United States Since 1945
KW 1101 Introduction to Kentucky Wesleyan College
* Presented paper, “Fighting for Freedom and Freedom of the Press: MacArthur and Voluntary Censorship,” Missouri Valley History Conference, Omaha, NE, March 2010.
* Chair and commentator for session “The Cold War and American Foreign Policy,” Missouri Valley History Conference, Omaha, NE, March 2007.
* Chair and commentator for session “Undergraduate American History,” Missouri Valley History Conference, Omaha, NE, March 2005.
* Presented paper, “The Roughest, Nastiest Ten Weeks,” Missouri Valley History Conference, Omaha, NE, March 2002.
Scholastic and Professional Honors
* Phi Alpha Theta
* Phi Beta Kappa
* Holleian Society
* American Historical Association
* Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations
* Southern Historical Association
Hobbies and Interests
* Wargaming, D&D, Basketball, Golf, and whatever my kids are doing!
* The Lord of the Rings, The Odyssey
* “A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one” -- Ben Franklin
* “If you’re in a cult, be the leader of the cult.” -- Mason Horrell