Thanks for your interest in applying to Kentucky Wesleyan College! This application is for students living outside the United States. Applying online will expedite your application process -- and it's free.
Here's what you do:
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
- Fill out an online application.
- Or, download and send in an application. If you need us to send you a copy, call the Admissions Office at 1-800-999-0592.
STEP 2: SEND TRANSCRIPTS
- Send an official transcript to:
Kentucky Wesleyan College
Office of Admissions
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
- If you have already attended a university in the United States, you will need to have those transcripts sent to KWC.
- If you have already attended a university in a country other than the U.S., please have those transcripts evaluated by a credible evaluating body (such as World Education Services).
- If you are an athlete, please contact KWC's Compliance Officer at [email protected].
- If you have completed secondary school, but never attended a university, you will need to have your secondary school transcripts evaluated by a credible evaluating body (www.Silny.com) and have them sent to us.
STEP 3: SEND SAT SCORES
- Request to have your scores sent to school code 1369
STEP 4: SEND TOEFL SCORES
- Kentucky Wesleyan College requires English proficiency, so students should take the TOEFL and have scores sent to us. You must have a minimum score of 520 (paper based), 70 (internet based), or 200 (computer based).
- If you are from an English-speaking country, the TOEFL requirement is waived.
- If your SAT score is exceptional, Kentucky Wesleyan College may waive the TOEFL requirement.
STEP 5: PROVIDE PROOF OF ABILITY TO PAY
- Because International students are not eligible for federal or state aid, KWC needs proof that students can pay for tuition, room, board, and fees (about $27,000 USD).
- This can be shown with bank account statements, saving account statements or statements of salary.
-Upon being granted admission to the college, international students are required to submit a $500 tuition deposit and an additional $100 housing deposit for residential students. Once the student's deposit is received, Kentucky Wesleyan College will issue the student an I-20 immigration form.
STEP 6: COMPLETE HOUSING AND HEALTH INFORMATION
To reserve your place in the new class, please complete and return:
- Housing Form: Residential students should include a $100 Housing Deposit. Commuter students should include a $100 Tuition Deposit.
- Health Form: Include a copy of your insurance card.
- Enrollment Acceptance Form (ask Admissions for this form).
STEP 7: SIGN UP FOR A TRANSFER REGISTRATION DATE OR FIRST YEAR INFORMATION SESSION TO FINALIZE YOUR ENROLLMENT
- FYI Registration will be open in January 2012. These sessions will be held in spring and summer -- we will list the dates once they are available. Please indicate that you will need phone advising.
If you have any questions or need more information about international applications to KWC, contact our Admissions Office: