Dr. Martha O'Bryan, Associate Professor of Middle School Education
Chair - Professional Studies Division
Faculty Office Building #15
Ed.D., Education Leadership, Vanderbilt University
Rank 1 Certification, Education Administration, Western Kentucky University
M.S., Mathematics, University of Tennessee
B.S., Mathematics, Carson Newman College
ED1100 Introduction to Education;
EDMG2301 Late Childhood/Early Adolescent Development;
ED3311 Methods/Materials for Teaching Middle Grades and High School; EDSE4601/4602 Student Teaching
Summary of Experience
* Chair and associate professor, Teacher Education Department, Kentucky Wesleyan College for eleven years.
* Adjunct professor for Western Kentucky University for three semesters.
* Seventeen years of successful teaching experience in grades 7-12 with major extra-curricular responsibilities each year.
* Ten years successful administrative experience.
* Involvement in staff development, textbook adoption, curriculum development, staff selection, scheduling, budgeting, and development of staff evaluation procedures.
* District-wide responsibility for administrative and teacher staff development, and for teacher evaluation.
* Building responsibilities for staff development, staff observation and evaluation, instructional assistants, textbook budgeting and student discipline.
* Vice-Chair of school-based council.
* Professional certificate for School Administration and Super vision
* Endorsement for Secondary School Principal, grades 7-12
* Endorsement for Supervisor of Instruction, elementary, secondary, 12-grade
* Endorsement for Elementary School Principal, grades 1-8
* Standard High School Certificate, grades 7-12
* Approval for Mathematics Program Consultant
* Teaching Major: Mathematics
* Teaching Minor: Political Science
* Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
* Kentucky Association for Colleges of Teacher Education
* Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board, Board of Examiners
* Chaired church personnel committee for five years
* Taught English as a Second Language to Hispanics, Ukrainians, and Chinese in Evansville, Indiana for three years
* Taught English as a Second Language to middle school children in Shanghai, China
* Taught English as a Second Language to elementary school children in Huehuetenango, Guatemala
* Taught instructional methods to elementary school teachers in Guatemala
* Served on Parent- Teacher Organization Board, Haubstadt, Indiana for two years