Thanks for your interest in applying to Kentucky Wesleyan College! This application is for students living outside the United States. Applying online will expedite your application process -- and it's free.
Here's what you do:
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
- Fill out an online application.
- Or, download and send in an application. If you need us to send you a copy, call the Admissions Office at 1-800-999-0592.
STEP 2: SEND TRANSCRIPTS
- Send an official transcript(s) to:
Kentucky Wesleyan College
Office of Admissions
3000 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
- If you have already attended a university in the United States, you will need to have those transcripts sent to Kentucky Wesleyan.
- If you have already attended a university in a country other than the U.S., please have those transcripts evaluated by a credible evaluating body (such as World Education Services).
- If you are an athlete, please contact Kentucky Wesleyan's Compliance Officer Tom DeVinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have completed secondary school, but never attended a university, you will need to have your secondary school official transcripts evaluated by a credible evaluating body (www.Silny.com) and have them sent to us.
STEP 3: SEND SAT SCORES
- Request to have your scores sent to school code 1369. This will make you eligible to receive institutional aid.
STEP 4: SEND TOEFL SCORES
- Kentucky Wesleyan College requires English proficiency, so students should take the TOEFL and have scores sent to us. You must have a minimum score of 520 (paper based), 70 (internet based), or 200 (computer based).
- If you are from an English-speaking country, the TOEFL requirement is waived. However, you will be required to submit a 500 essay to prove your English proficiency.
- If your SAT score is exceptional, Kentucky Wesleyan College may waive the TOEFL requirement.
STEP 5: PROVIDE PROOF OF ABILITY TO PAY
- Because International students are not eligible for federal or state aid, Kentucky Wesleyan College needs proof that students can pay for tuition, room, board, and fees (about $31,000 USD).
- This can be shown with bank account statements sent to Kentucky Wesleyan College from your bank.
-Upon being granted admission to the college, international students are required to submit a $500 tuition deposit and an additional $100 housing deposit for residential students. Once the student's deposit is received, Kentucky Wesleyan College will issue the student an I-20 immigration form.
STEP 6: COMPLETE HOUSING AND HEALTH INFORMATION
To reserve your place in the new class, please complete and return:
- Housing Form: Residential students should include a $100 Housing Deposit. Commuter students should include a $100 Tuition Deposit.
- Health Form: Include a copy of your insurance card.
If you have any questions or need more information about international applications to Kentucky Wesleyan College, please contact:
Associate Director of Admissions